European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) 2014-2020
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Foods
- Regions and Local Development
The ERDF supports:
- Productive investment, which contributes to creating and safeguarding sustainable jobs, through direct aid to investment in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Investments in infrastructure providing basic services to citizens in the areas of energy, environment, transport, and information and communication technologies (ICT);
- Investments in social, health and educational infrastructure;
- Development of endogenous potential by supporting regional and local development and research and innovation.
These measures includes:
- Fixed investment in equipment and small-scale infrastructure;
- Support for and services to enterprises, in particular SMEs;
- Support to public research and innovation bodies and investment in technology and applied research in enterprises;
- Networking, cooperation and exchange of experience between regions, towns, and relevant social, economic and environmental actors;
- Technical assistance. In more developed regions, the ERDF not supports investments in infrastructure providing basic services to citizens in the areas of environment, transport, and ICT.
The maximum co-financing rates will be: 75-85% in less developed and outermost regions, 60% in transition regions, and 50% in more developed regions.
RESPONSIBLE BODY: DG Inforegio