European Maritime And Fisheries Fund (EMFF) 2014-2020
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Foods
- Environment, Consumers and Health
BUDGET: € 7.404,84 million (current prices); € 6.574,4 million (2011 prices)
Promoting sustainable and competitive fisheries and aquaculture; fostering the development and implementation of the Union's Integrated Maritime Policyin a complementary manner to cohesion policy and to the Common Fisheries Policy;promoting a balanced and inclusive territorial development of fisheries areas; fostering the implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy.
- Increasing employment and territorial cohesion through the following objectives: promotion of economic growth, social inclusion, creation of jobs and supporting labour mobility in coastal and inland communities depending on fishing and aquaculture; diversification of fisheries activities into other sectors of maritime economy and growth of maritime economy, including mitigation of climate change.
- Fostering innovative, competitive and knowledge based fisheries through the focus on the following areas: support to strengthening technological development, innovation and knowledge transfer;enhancement of the competitiveness and viability of fisheries, in particular of small scale coastal fleet, and improvement of safety or working conditions; development of new professional skills and lifelong learning; improved market organisation for fishery products.
- Fostering innovative, competitive and knowledge based aquaculture through the focus on the following areas: support to strengthening technological development, innovation and knowledge transfer; enhancement of the competitiveness and viability of aquaculture enterprises, SMEs in particular; development of new professional skills and lifelong learning; improved market organisation for aquaculture products.
- Promoting a sustainable and resource efficient fisheries through the focus on the following areas: reduction of the impact of fisheries on the marine environment; protection and restoration of marine biodiversity and ecosystems including the services they provide.
- Promoting a sustainable and resource efficient aquaculture through the focus on the following areas: enhancement of ecosystems related to aquaculture and promotion of resource efficient aquaculture; promotion of aquaculture with high level of environmental protection and of animal health and welfare and of public health and safety.
- Fostering the implementation of the CFP through: the supply of scientific knowledge and collection of data; the support to control and enforcement, enhancing institutional capacity and an efficient public administration.
Territory of the Union unless otherwise expressly provided for in the Regulation.
Studies projects conferences seminars workshops public information sharing best practice campaigns events websites platforms collection pooling monitoring.
The operational programme shall establish the EMFF contribution rate applicable to each of the objectives defined under the Union priorities for EMFF, as referred to in Article 6. The maximum EMFF contribution rate shall be 75% of the eligible public expenditure. The minimum EMFF contribution rate shall be 20%.
RESPONSIBLE BODY: DG: Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (MARE)