BUDGET: € 234.3 million (current prices)
The general objective of the programme is to strengthen the internal market through an efficient and effective taxation systems.
The specific objective of the programme is to improve the operation of the taxation systems, in particular through cooperation between participating countries, their tax authorities, their officials and external experts.
- Member States
- acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidates benefiting from a pre-accession strategy, in accordance with the general principles and general terms and conditions for the participation of those countries in Union programmes established in the respective Framework Agreements, Association Council Decisions or similar Agreements;
- partner countries of the European Neighbourhood Policy provided that those countries have reached a sufficient level of approximation of the relevant legislation and administrative methods to those of the Union.
- Joint Actions pursuing the exchange of knowledge and good practice between tax officials of the participating countries (seminars, workshops, studies, project groups, public administration capacity building, expert teams, other supported actions);
- IT capacity building: development, maintenance, operation and quality control, of Union components of European Information Systems;
- Human competency building: common training actions to support the necessary professional skills and knowledge relating to taxation.
The co-financing rate for grants shall be up to 100 % of the eligible costs where the latter are travel and accommodation costs, costs linked to organisation of events and daily allowances. That rate shall apply to all eligible actions with the exception of expert teams. For this category of eligible actions, the annual work programmes will specify the applicable co-financing rate when these actions require the awarding of grants.
RESPONSIBLE BODY: DG Taxation and Customs Union
- Digital Agenda for Europe